April 15, 2013

Five Guys and Raptors. Basically, Heaven.

Yesterday my parents and I spent the day in the city. My dad and I went to the Toronto Raptors vs. Brooklyn Nets game while my mom did a little spring shopping. We started the day off in the best way possible. Having lunch (in my case breakfast since I woke up around 10:30...) at Five Guys Burger and Fries.


They literally have the best burgers and fries in the world. I first tried Five Guys in New York City two years ago. Instantly I fell in love and so did my dad. Location started popping up around in Canada and we were so excited! There was one near my dad's office so occasionally he would bring it home for dinner. But now, one just opened up very close by! Can you say heaven?


Next, we drove down to the Air Canada Centre where I was clapping and screaming like a maniac to cheer on the Raptors. I was very excited to watch the Raptors beat the Nets 93-87! (Winning isn't exactly their forté.) They had a 20 point lead at one point, which dropped to 4 in the third quarter.... but thank god for Rudy Gay and DeMar DeRozan who carried the Raptors in the end and they were able to keep the lead to get the win! Woo!


(Sorry for the blurry photos, I had to use my phone and the court was really bright)


After the game my dad and I met up with my mom at a restaurant called Marché to share a lovely dinner of mussels, ravioli, mushrooms in butter, and coconut squares and a slice of upside down pineapple cake for dessert! (Sorry there weren't any photos my phone died after the game...) 

Overall, it was a very fun day with my parents (I'm cool, I know) filled with two of my favourite pass times, eating delicious food and watching basketball. A very nice Sunday. 

1 comment:

  1. Five Guys looks delicious!
    seems like a great time :-)

    ReplyDelete